Monday, October 5, 2015

A little about me

When meeting new people I seem to always start off with I am the youngest of 8 kids. There are four boys and four girls. Some people are like oh my gosh your poor mom. I can't imagine giving birth to eight kids. Then I start my little story and explain it to them like this. My Mom was previously married and had 2 girls and 2 boys with her first husband. My Dad was also previously married and had 1 girl and 1 boy. They each got divorced to their spouses and then found each other. They got married and had my brother and I. Seriously the cutest little story ever. I love my family so much, they mean everything to me.

 I love doing crafts and creating things from scratch. When I was 12 instead of asking for make up or clothes for Christmas I asked for a sewing machine. Yeah I was the kind of girl who still played Barbies, had braces and instead of being social I would sew in my room and watch movies. Don't worry i'm sure I will tell you some more detailed stories of that period of my life but for now that's all you get. So back to the sewing machine. When I started sewing I wasn't very good at all. My lines weren't straight, and the ''squares'' I would cut out to make a blanket didn't look anything close to a square. After sewing for a few years I finally got the hang of it and I got pretty good. I took sewing classes in middle school and loved them so much. I just love sewing until I need to rip out some seams and then i'm done for a little while. I am so grateful though that I got a sewing machine and that I know how to sew. This skill will definitely help me when I have a family of my own and need to sew on a button or repair some pants. 

Also within the last year I have developed a love for refinishing furniture. I've done a couple of dressers and recently refinished some night stands for my brother. I think it's so cool that you can take an ugly piece of fake wood furniture and turn it into such a beautiful piece. You can probably find me at a thrift store a couple times a week looking for a potentially beautiful piece. I have a wood pallet that I haven't decided what to do with yet but when I know I will let you know how it turned out. 

Another thing about me is that I love the colors hot pink and black. My room is hot pink and black and so is the inside of my car. I tend to paint a lot of things black just because I love how clean and sharp it looks. I do have to remind myself that everything can't be black and that I can't wear black all the time.    


No comments:

Post a Comment